WOW Great Barrier Reef - 30mins
- Varighet: 30 Minutter (ca.)
- Lokasjon: Cairns, QLD
- Produktkode: WOW30
Minimum booking, 3 seats
The breathtakingly beautiful Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef in the world and one of the world's most stunning natural wonders. Take a 30 minute flight over this spectacular ecosystem and discover why people travel from all over the world to see it.
- Feel on cloud nine with birds-eye views of the Great Barrier Reef
- Fly over the only island on the Reef covered in rainforest
- Keep your eyes peeled for turtles and manta rays
- Learn about the Reef from your expert pilot
- Enjoy VIP hotel transfers direct to our helipad
Your tour begins with VIP hotel pick-up, where you'll be met at your accommodation and driven directly to our helipad. After a short safety briefing and helicopter orientation, you'll be flying sky high towards the spectacular ecosystem that is the Great Barrier Reef.
You'll soon discover why the Reef is a must see from the air as we fly over the famous Green Island, the only Great Barrier Reef island to have true rainforest growing on it. During the flight your experienced pilot will be in constant communication, pointing out significant landmarks and providing expert commentary. Keep your eyes peeled for marine turtles that are often seen in the seagrass beds surrounding the island.
Continuing north-east you'll enjoy dazzling views of the Outer Great Barrier Reef, comprised of thousands of individual coral reefs which when seen from above are bright patches sitting amongst the glittering blue waters of the Coral Sea. Home to an abundance of marine life, it's not uncommon to spot a manta ray or maybe even a migrating whale, depending on the time of your visit.
As we swing back and commence our return to Cairns, we’ll pass over Upolo Cay, which is a part of the Arlington Reef system in the Great Barrier Reef. This is a relatively young sand cay that started its life as a sand bank. Although it’s growing in size all the time, Upolo Cay can sometimes be completely submerged, pending the time of day and year, but even when underwater will stand out as a brilliant white against the azure blue of the Coral Sea.
The end of this 30-minute scenic helicopter tour of the Great Barrier Reef will see you back in Cairns, where you will be transferred back to your accommodation in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
- 30 minute scenic Great Barrier Reef flight
- Return transfers from your Cairns/Northern Beaches accommodation
- In-flight commentary from your expert pilot
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers. One infant under the age of 3 may travel on the lap of an adult free of charge.
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, all passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight variance advised at time of booking greater than 10% may incur 100% cancellation fee.
- This experience is dependent on good weather. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be offered a flight on a different date or a full refund.