Golf & Winery Tour
- Duração: 5 Horas (Aproximadamente)
- Localização: Wollongong, NSW
- Código de produto: GOLF60
- Either 9 holes or 18 holes at Kangaroo Valley Golf Course
- Lunch at Silo's Estate Restaurant
- A packed 60 minute flying schedule of spectacular mountain and ocean views
- Experience the unique thrill of a helicopter take-off and landing
- Illawarra Fly
- Gerringong Falls
- Hampden Bridge
- Kangaroo Valley Golf Club
- Cambewarra Mountain Pass
- Silo's Restaurant
- Barren Grounds Nature Reserve
- Jamberoo Valley
- Headsets are available for all passengers inside the helicopter so that they can talk to eachother and share the experience while flying.
- Feel free to engage your friendly pilot for his informed narrative and commentary
- Customers should allow 5.5 hours in total for the whole experience including check-in, safety briefing, photo opportunity around the helicopters, boarding, flight time and then disembarking after flight.
- Free tea and coffee facilities as well as a comfortable viewing lounge overlooking the helipad is available for all passengers as well as for family and friends spectating on the ground.
- Safety is paramount. All safety processes and procedures as required by Touchdown Helicopters and the governments Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) are strictly adhered to in all aspects of conducting this scenic flight.
Detailed Tour Description
If you are passionate about your golf and appreciate a beautiful, tranquil course located amongst spectacular mountain scenery then this is the package for you. Situated in the picturesque Kangaroo Valley, getting to the golf course is half the fun. Flying over the contrasting scenery of the rugged, rocky, Illawarra Ranges and the lush green rolling foothills of Kangaroo Valley, you'll have food for thought as you walk the fairways planning your attack on the green.
On the way to the course you'll capture glimpses of Carrington and Gerringong Falls as you cross the Ranges. Then as you enter Kangaroo Valley on approach, you'll get great views of the historic Hampden Bridge and the quaint little village of Kangaroo Valley itself. Originally designed by Jack Newton, the Kangaroo Valley Golf Course has been extended to provide the discerning golfer with 18 holes of enjoyment on the Championship 71 par course. Although not long at 5775 metres from the back markers, the course is quite testing even for the best golfers; with undulating fairways, challenging greens and ball consuming dams coming into play on quite a few holes. Golfers at all levels are catered for with 4 different sets of tees allowing you to play from the tees that you are comfortable with and which suit your ability.
Once you've finished your game of golf, its time to take to the skies again. As we depart, take one last look over your shoulder at the course you've just conquered, as we whisk you off to your lunch destination. Only a short hop by helicopter to Silo's Restaurant but full to the brim of scenic views with the vista of Kangaroo Valley laid out before you and then the sweeping panaroma of the coastline north and south as we breach Cambewarra Mountain Pass and dive into the coastal plains on the ocean side of the ranges.
This is some of the most beautiful countryside in Australia and a real treasure to behold. Before long we are on final approach for Silo's, established way back in 1870, long before a helicopter was ever considered in the minds of rational people, but now a means of transport to bring guests to sample their "honest and fresh, farm style food" and their selection of wines fermented from grape vines hand pruned and picked on the premises.
No doubt lunch will be peppered with the occasional analysis of your golf swing and the nap of the green on certain holes at Kangaroo Valley Golf Course but after a couple of hours for eating, wine tasting, contemplation and a relaxing walk around the grounds, it is time to head home. Your helicopter is waiting for your final homeward leg of the days outing.
Try not to succumb to the effect of a full day of golf, beer, wine and sumptuous cuisine just yet though. Keep your eyes open and you'll be rewarded with views of the villages of Berry and Jamberoo Valley as we negotiate a final hop over the eastern most ridgelines of the Illawarra Escarpment. And then, as we make our final approach back to base, the full majesty of the Illawarra again stretches out before us. A land trapped between the mountains and the sea and home to those of us lucky enough to live here.