45 Minute Seacliff Bridge
- Duration: 45 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Albion Park Rail, NSW
- Product code: COAST45
- From Kiama to The Seacliff Bridge and all the beautiful beaches in-between.
- Spectacular cliff Views
- A packed 45 minute schedule of spectacular mountain and ocean views
- Experience the unique thrill of a helicopter take-off and landing
- Only minutes flying time from base to the golden beaches of the Illawarra
- Keep a lookout for whales and dolphins
- Kiama Blowhole
- Bass Point Marine Reserve
- Lake Illawarra
- Hill 60 and the Five Islands
- Port Kembla
- WIN Stadium
- Wollongong Harbour
- Thirroul and Austimer Beaches
- Scarbourough Pub
- Seacliff Bridge
- Headsets are available for all passengers inside the helicopter so that they can talk to each other and share the experience while flying.
- Feel free to engage your friendly pilot for his informed narrative and commentary.
- Customers should allow 1 hour and 15 mins in total for the whole experience including check-in, safety briefing, photo opportunity around the helicopters, boarding, flight time and then disembarking after flight.
- Free tea and coffee facilities as well as a comfortable viewing lounge overlooking the helipad is available for all passengers as well as for family and friends spectating on the ground.
- Safety is paramount. All safety processes and procedures as required by Touchdown Helicopters and the governments Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) are strictly adhered to in all aspects of conducting this scenic flight.
Detailed Tour Description
If you haven’t experienced the unique thrill of a helicopter ride you’re in for a treat. As you rise slowly up off the ground into the hover, you’re flying but you’re not going anywhere!!. And then ever so gently the pilot pushes forward on his controls and forward you go and up you come.
As you take-off from Wollongong Airport, make sure you have your camera at the ready to capture the panoramic views of both the mountains and the sea as they unfold before you. Keep your camera switched on though, it’s about to get a serious workout.
Your coastal flight begins at Kiama where you’ll have a birds-eye view of the famous blowhole and fishing harbour. From there you’ll be flying northwards hugging the coastline for some great views of the golden suntanned beaches and aquamarine waters of the Illawarra.
Make sure you look up every now and then though. As you fly toward The Seacliff Bridge, the mountains of the Great Dividing Range converge on the Pacific coastline creating opportunities to capture some truly breathtaking photographs.
Keep a lookout for those at work and play both in the ocean and on the shoreline. From swimmers on Port Kembla Beach to surfers at Killelea, sailing yachts and fishing trawlers and even dolphins and whales. The Illawarra is teaming with visitors from far and wide who just can’t get enough of our beautiful coastline.
With so much to see make sure you are ready for the amazing Seacliff Bridge. Gaining international recognition as one of the drawcard attractions for visitors to the area, its expanse can only truly be appreciated from the air.
But its not all over yet. The return flight to base, flying over Lake Illawarra on final approach, will provide some breathtaking views of the mountains and the homesteads in their foothills. And then touchdown!!